Friday, June 7, 2013

The Last Post & James Tries To Make His Life Slightly Better

'The Last Post' by Kilter, a red mobile theatre outside Exeter Phoenix


When was the last time you got a loving email?

It was love at first sight between Mobile Sorting Office 451 and I. The cluttered treasure trove bijou performance space was a delight even before the play started. Within this unusual space a charming love story unfolds between two quirky nomads working to keep the old postal traditions alive.

Scored with live music played by a mute who arrived in a jiffy bag this heart-warming tale is gentle and eccentric, and reminded me that I really should write to my mum.

*****
You can see this play Friday and Saturday at 1pm or 7.30pm each day.



'James Tries To Make His Life Slightly Better' by James Tapp, The City Gate Hotel

Everyone who has gone through their early 20s knows that realisation of 'I guess I'm no longer a kid - I should probably sort my life out'. Twenty-three year old James started out with a list (featuring things such as, brew good coffee at home, build a vinyl collection and, make myself more attractive to women) and good intentions. Through anecdotes, poems and a dressing-down from his inner self he shares his realisation that the process is more important than the aims. He's also hilarious.

****
James has now finished his awkward explorations for Ignite.

www.igniteexeter.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment